Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Anniversary

A friend of mine shared a blogger article today,  16 ways I blew my marriage.  It's a short read listing the little things that we as couples may take for granted in relationships. 

Today, we celebrate our 9th wedding Anniversary.  Sure it is nostalgic to look back through pictures, listen to our wedding disc, or talk about how fast the last ten years have passed and how much has changed in our lives.  But, like age, I feel today our Anniversary year is just a number.  We could be celebrating 9, 19, or 29, and I know I would still be as much in-love with you, as proud of you, and as confident in our relationship as ever. 

Last year, I made a quick list of a few things I love about you- and they still hold true. 

This year, I find myself looking at this bloggers list, and reflecting on how blessed we are.  When we packed our things and moved across the country all those years ago, how hard it must have been for you to watch me cry when we drove East over the California state line.  We can laugh about it now, but we didn't know what the future would hold.  We were taking a leap of faith, bonded by rings, and all we had to get through each day was each other.  In hind sight, this was probably one of the best things that ever happened to us.   

Maybe it's because I read this article on a day like today, the day we celebrate our wedding Anniversary.  Maybe it's because we are on the backend of a relaxing and truly enjoyable weekend away..just the two of us.  But, I am no longer weary of what the future will hold.  I am just coasting along relying on what I do know: 
  • That road trips and long walks with you are my absolute, hands down, favorite favorite!
  • While I do like to hold hands, just watching you take the seat next to me or placing your hand on my shoulder in a crowded room warms my heart. 
  • I never sleep as good as I do with you lying beside me (except on high-volume snoring nights).
  • No matter what brings me stress, whether it is what to wear or how to approach a work situation, you give my dilemmas the same amount of time, attention, and sarcasm. 
  • Beauty to you has never been defined by a size or a weight.  You think I am beautiful. 
There is no one else in this world I trust more than you.  I am so thankful to call you my best friend and my husband.   

I cherish every day with you, and look forward to a lifetime of love, laughter, and happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Clark Infested Waters, 2009. All Rights Reserved.|Blog Design by JudithShakes Designs.